Pages

Friday, May 15, 2015

Chadwell's Station

Key of G
Form: AABB

This is a tune from A Collection of Violin Tunes Popular During the Early 1800's, also known as the Hamblen collection. I got it from the Canote Brothers.

It's tricky in that the B part contains most of the A part, so if you don't know it's AABB, you might think it's AABA'BA', which gets confusing. It's a slower tune, so I'm not including a practice track for 100 bpm because that would be too fast.


Here's my arrangement/transcription:


Guitar Backup:

64 bpm:

82 bpm:


Backup + Melody:
82 bpm:

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting this! I enjoying playing Chadwell's Station on fiddle and well it's nice to have backup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it! I forgot all about this blog.

      Delete